This year's Apple Day in the Ironbridge Gorge is on Saturday 10 October and promises to be another splendid event.
Last year the occasion attracted several hundred people and proved a wonderful celebration of our national fruit, and a lot of serious fun besides.
- Bring good condition apples and take away some delicious free juice for drinking or fermentation to cider (1 full carrier bag of apples = 1 litre of juice / maximum of 4 litres per family).
- No crab apples please or apples from animal-grazed orchards. Use of the Gorge’s 1-tonne twin-screw community apple press Hands-on milling and pressing of apples
- Small scale presses for children to use Free tasting from the displays of apple varieties
- Cider bar
- Hog roast & vegetarian
- food Live music
- Morris dancers
- Displays & demonstrations of Green Wood craft work
- Free children’s activities and face painting
A wonderful day out for all the family in celebration of everything ‘appley’ and much more NO APPLES? Come along anyway & buy some fresh juice.
Please note there is no parking on site - Please park on Dale End Car Park.